The count down has begun....

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Bridesmaids Dresses

There are so many different ways to dress your bridesmaids now.


Long gone are the cookie-cutter bridesmaids that appeared to be more like Stepford Wives. Brides are allowing her girls to pick their own dresses so long as they are in a particular color, or they're wearing their favorite black dress already hanging in their closets and or even just wearing what they find most flattering on their own bodies. I feel bridesmaid's have come along way in terms of looking fashion forward, comfortable and feeling stunning.



Call me old fashion but one of my least favorite styles is the 'print' bridesmaids dresses. For some reason this is an awkward look; and please don't let it be red with any kind of lines on it for my brain immediately screams picnic table. My favorite style though (and again maybe I'm old fashion) is the matching bridesmaids. Now this doesn't mean all dresses, all shoes, and all accessories are matching, but matching in the sense that all the bridesmaids are wearing the same color. For me this is 'semi classic' and for a non traditional bride like myself it is probably the closest thing to traditional my wedding would be, that is if we were able to have bridesmaids.




No comments:

Post a Comment